Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Semester Overview

The thing I found most interesting this semester was how society and women view their own bodies. We try numerous products, whether it be makeup, special face cleanser, or an expensive lotion, we will try anything that we think will make us look and feel prettier. Most women seem to lack self-confidence and are not proud of their bodies or proud of what they have given, I think media seems to be the blame  for this. We looking at the ads shown in class, men in the advertisments seem to over power the women. I man is always shown as a strong, empowering person. On the other hand, women seem to be used as objects. In fact sometimes a woman's whole body isn't even shown, only her legs, butt, or any body part that will sell products. I found this to be very interesting because I never did notice how poorly women can be treated in social media. Being a woman myself, I found this to be very demeaning and hurtful to the women in our society and cultures all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment